Business
9:01 am
Wed February 1, 2012

Construction Workers Return to the Job at Cincinnati Casino Site

Crews have returned to work today at the Cincinnati casino site where more than a dozen workers were injured last week. Just five days after a floor collapsed while concrete was being poured, about one hundred people are working at the site, according to Jennifer Kulczycki of Rock Gaming.

The injuries from last week's collapse are described as "mostly minor" by Kulczycki. Another one hundred workers did not return to the job site today, because the area where the collapse occurred is still restricted.

The President of Messer Construction Company says safety and inspection procedures have been reviewed and new ones have been added at the Horseshoe Casino Project. Contractors originally said the Casino in Cincinnati would be completed in 2013.