WKU Public Radio News Staff
Thu November 14, 2013
WKU's Andrews Semifinalist for Award Honoring Nation's Best Running Back
WKU senior Antonio Andrews has been named a semifinalist for the 2013 Doak Walker Award, given annually to the nation’s best college running back.
Andrews leads the nation in all-purpose yardage with nearly 2,200 yards and ranks second nationally in total rushing yards.
Andrews is one of ten semifinalists being considered for the award. Members of the Doak Walker Award National Selection Committee will next cast their votes for three finalists, who will be named November 25.
The winner of the award will be announced December 12.
The other nine semifinalists are:
- Ameer Abdullah (Jr.) Nebraska
- Ka’Deem Carey (Jr.) Arizona
- Mike Davis (So.) South Carolina
- Tyler Gaffney (Sr.) Stanford
- Melvin Gordon (So.) Wisconsin
- Tre Mason (Jr.) Auburn
- Bishop Sankey (Jr.) Washington
- Lache Seastrunk (Jr.) Baylor
- Andre Williams (Sr.) Boston College